Women in the UAE state their case on the Niqab

Lo and behold the Niqab furor has risen again. It always amazes me that such a tiny piece of cloth has the ability to cause international headlines and can be a cause of national concern in some countries. More than, say, like tackling human trafficking or issues of unemployment apparently.

I was recently interviewed for a segment in the National - an Abu Dhabi based newspaper by Mitya Underwood on what I thought about wearing the Niqab / face-veil considering that I've been veiling for several years. I was glad because whenever the issue of Niqab rises up, the important voices of Muslim women who wear the face-veil are missing.



Read on at:

‘My niqab, and why I wear it’: Women in the UAE state their case as global debate rages


0 comments :: Women in the UAE state their case on the Niqab

Post a Comment

Be civil :)