Snippets from Ibn Al Jawzi: Disciplining the Soul

I have started reading a book by Ibn Al Jawzi: Disciplining the Soul. To be honest, I haven't touched anything spiritually uplifting in a while because of my busy schedule and while browsing some books I had I came across this so I picked it up.

Ibn Al Jawzi was an amazing scholar and I'm very fond of reading his works. This book starts of by discussing the idea of excess desires and I thought I'd post it here:


First and foremost I feel that this book is speaking directly to me. Sometimes I've caught myself doing things like eating too much or some other activity which is in fact in excess when I could be doing something more productive. Like sitting in front of the laptop for too long doing nothing but browsing the internet when I could be reading a productive book.


0 comments :: Snippets from Ibn Al Jawzi: Disciplining the Soul

Post a Comment

Be civil :)