Annoying Political Posts




For as long as I can remember I've tweeted / posted / written about political and religious issues. They interest me and it is something I like keeping track of. Sometimes they hit home. Sometimes they're things you'd cry about. Sometimes they're things about people in captivity for more than 10 years but no trial. Sometimes they're things about innocent people being massacred because their government doesn't like them. 

All in all, it isn't happy and entertaining stuff. It is reality. Apparently though, some people don't like it when it hits their little bubble. I've had a lot of people / friends who've requested in the past to cut down on my political posts. Some who express their concern for me and others who ask why I don't post "happy" things. Some are genuinely worried and others think I shouldn't be posting such dire stuff.

The world isn't a bubble full of happiness and contentment. There are things that happen to others that are inhumane and not right. As our duty as fellow humans we should share the struggles of these people. We should read and know what is happening in this world. We need to educate our future generations.

I can understand escapism, God know I do it much myself, but flinching away from the brutal happenings of this world isn't going to make it go away. It is better to be prepared and educated instead of your little bubble of food, parties and humour being pinched with a sharp knife. 

0 comments :: Annoying Political Posts

Post a Comment

Be civil :)